Pre Engineered Buildings and Structural Steel Fabrication will witness exponential growth in India for next 10 years. With recent positive political & economic developments, India is poised to take Lion’s share of Global investment & will clock one of the best GDP growth rates across world. Government has launched a huge initiative “MAKE IN INDIA”
It makes a lot of sense to set up a manufacturing plant in India not only to cater to the Indian market but also to cater to the overseas markets.
Glimpse of potential & demand
- In developed countries more than 70% single story commercial buildings are developed with Pre Engineered Building (PEB) Concept whereas in India it is below 1%.
- Per Capita Consumption of Steel in developed countries is more than 200 Kgs whereas in India it is below 60 Kgs
- Investment required for Infrastructure development in India: USD 3.3 Trillion
- Power Sector in India: Current Status -140, 976 MW 2. 13th 5 year Plan (2017-22) Target: 90,000 MW
- 2015-16 Budget 5 Ultra Mega Power Projects announced each of 4,000 MW with Investment of INR 100,000 Cr (USD 14 Billion)
- 12th 5 year Plan (2012-17) Target: 50,000 MW
- Commercial building sector excluding housing is expected to reach 20.44 Billion. Sq Ft by 2030 against current 8 Billion ( 7-10 Major Cities)
- INR 7, 060 Cr allocated for development 100 Smart Cities across India. Detailed Plan for smart Cities will roll out next month
- India Green Building Council (IGBC) want to cover 10 Billion Sq Ft by 2022 with Green Buildings against current 2 Billion Sq. Ft.
In India, total market is close to USD 1 Billion. Once Economy & Investment picks up from 2016, growth will pick up and would be clocking more than 30% for the next 10 years. Current market penetration is less than 30%. More than 70% of the market is yet to be explored.